Cornwall is one of the UK’s favourite family holiday destinations. It has a glorious climate, stunning coastal walks, over 300 beaches and many attractions to keep children of all ages entertained.
At The Bay, Talland we cater for families of all sizes and ages. Our luxury self-catering holiday cottages have all the facilities you will need for your family holiday to Cornwall.
The only thing you’ll need to think about is how you spend your days and so we thought we’d give you a few ideas based on what type of family you are.
Top things to do on an active family holiday
- Take a walk along the coastal path – this is a must if you are an active family or not. It’s right on our doorstep and runs from Looe to Polperro.
- Check out Adrenaline Quarry if you are a family of thrill seekers. Challenge yourselves on the huge inflatable waterpark, whizz around the go kart track, reach 40mph on the 490 Metre zip wire and throw axes (yes axes) at targets. This most definitely isn’t for the feint heated.
- Take a kayak out from Talland beach and explore the bay. It’s a great way to spend a few hours. Kayaks are available to hire from the café on an hourly basis and life jackets are provided.
Top things for young families to do on holiday
- Check out the beaches here in Talland. We have two main beaches here in the bay and they are great for families as it is a sheltered cove, making it safe for swimming both at low and high tide.There are also lots of rock pools to discover at low tide – keeping the children occupied for hours while you relax on the beach! We highly recommend a bite to eat at the Talland Bay Café.
- Dartmoor Zoo – the home of ‘We Bought A Zoo’ is great day out for all. They have an array of animals from big cats such as lions, tigers and jaguar to reptiles and birds. Be sure to check out the daily activities including talks and feeding the animals.
- Pirens Playful Piskies is an indoor soft play if they weather takes a turn and you need to let them run wild. They have a 2-tier play frame for the kids to tear around on and a comfortable seating area where you can relax with a tea or coffee and a bite to eat.
Read more here.
Top things to do for families with teens on holiday
- The world-famous Eden Project is around 40 minutes away from us. This most definitely deserves a day out to explore the wonder of the gardens housed in tropical biomes. This is a fascinating and fun family day out.
- The Dry Ski Slope in Plymouth is sure to keep the teens of the family entertained. They can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, tubing and tobogganing.
- Tie in skiing with a shopping trip to Plymouth. Drake Circus has very good shops, restaurants, a cinema and theatres.
And when you’ve enjoyed your days out, whether it’s been full or adventure or more laid back, you can come back to The Bay, Talland and relax in the hot tub or the comfort of your luxury surroundings.
To check availability for your family holiday to Cornwall visit the main website here.